Date:      02 May 2002 19:26:46 -0400
From:      Nathan Mace <nmace@myrealbox.com>
To:        "Jeremy C. Reed" <reed@reedmedia.net>, freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KMail or Evolution??

> > haven't tried it since it hit 1.0 give it a shot.  It's been really
> > stable for me, and has quite a few features that Kmail lacks
>
> What features does Evolution have that Kmail doesn't?
>
> I use pine. It works for me.

I've used sylpheed before as well, but I liked Kmail better because it
integrated with KDE better, and had almost the same set of features.

With Evolution, it has about 95-99% of the things Kmail or sylpheed
have.  i can't figure out how to make it use maildir instead of mbox for
example, but thats really a minor thing.

for example, it has what are called virtual folders, where i can do a
search of all my regular folders, and save that search in a virtual
folder.  the v-folder's show up and act just like a normal folder,
except that they contain messages that matched the search.  you can
store them and go back browse them at any time.

it's got a integrated calendar and task manager, as well as a spell
check that actually works!

I've just recently started playing around with it today so i don't know
alot about the more advanced stuff yet.

what got me interested to start with was this article at slashdot
http://slashdot.org/articles/02/05/02/1140205.shtml?tid=170

Nathan