Date:      Sun, 07 Oct 2012 14:37:55 +0200
From:      Marek Salwerowicz <marek_sal@wp.pl>
Subject:   Networking Bridged mode

Hi all,

I am using VirtualBox 4.2 at FreeBSD 9.1 host.
I've set up virtual machine with one bridged NIC with PXE Boot.

I'd like to boot the diskless FreeBSD system in the VM, using TFTP
(works in my physical environment)

First step is to boot the PXE environment - and it works - The VM gets
correct IP address from DHCP server.
The next step is to download the kernel and configuration file
(loader.conf) via TFTP.

All the packets sent from TFTP server are sent to VM MAC address and my
physical NIC doesn't get it ;(
(on tcpdump at host machine I notice only RRQ TO server, but no answers
FROM server.. on server-side of course answers are sent)

I thought that bridge works in Layer 2 ISO/OSI, so theoretically it
should be working..

Today I've started thinking about using vde_switch, but I can't find any
info about how to set an up-link to physical NIC in host machine
Do you have any ideas/ solutions?

Regards,

--
Marek Salwerowicz