Date:      21 Oct 1999 10:03:45 -0000
From:      woju@bbs.ee.ntu.edu.tw
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMP on 4 Pentium III(450NX) failed

: : Does anyone know of any in the USA?  Would Acer be able to ship one
: : somewhere for loan for a month or so?
: I'll forward this message to Acer. Acer has some centers in the USA,

Acer is very willing to make their machine be a "FreeBSD-SMP-ready
server" :-)

The mptable problem has been fixed --
                INT     active-hi       level        0   7:D          2   19
                INT     active-lo       level        0  11:A          2   19
Now the new BIOS fixed this by modify both pin19 set to active-lo. The
pci0.7.3 entry is for USB. Using the new BIOS, RedHat 6.1 SMP is ok now
with onboard LAN(eepro, or fxp) working in good condition.

They also asked about "FreeBSD compatible" issues, so they can put the
"FreeBSD compatible logo" (FreeBSD daemon logo with some cool words? :-)
on their machines. Does FreeBSD.org provide this kind of service?

And to ship one(Acer Altos 21000) to "FreeBSD.org", the "when, where, how,
who" issues arise. Can they(Acer) contact with Mike Smith about it?

Another interesting thing about Acer impress me a lot is, they have a
FreeBSD kernel engineer, a *girl*, patching kernel using assembly code! :-)

Regards,
woju