Date:      Fri, 12 Jun 1998 16:48:40 -0500
From:      "Richard J. Finn" <rfinn@hiwd.net>
To:        Brian Stamper <brians@starbase.neosoft.com>, Daniel Baker <dbaker@neosoft.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   My kludge

Okay, I sort of have this thing working...

	After doing the 2.2.5 upgrade I'm using a lot of 2.2.5 libs and stuff.

	The only kernel I have left that can work is now the default kernel and
kernel.222.  It is, of course a FreeBSD 2.2.2 kernel.

	The problem deffinantly seems tied to the NIC trying go 100BaseT if I
use 2.2.5 or 2.2.6.

	Everthing on the systems _seems_ to be working correctly now...

	Again, any ideas on how to make this thing work _properly_ with
_the_right_kernel_ would be greatly appreciated... :)

--
Richard J. Finn
CTO/CIO			Houston InterWeb Design, Inc.