Date:      Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:03:58 +0800
From:      "Sherry Zhang" <yuleopen@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot get widescreen resolution on my Dell 6400 laptop

Hello everyone:

I am running freebsd 6.1 release on my Dell 6400 laptop computer. It has a
1280x800 wide-screen resolution. The video card I use is ATI Radeon Mobility
X1300. But I failed to adjust the screen resolution. I follow the
instructions in the FreeBSD handbook, but failed.

First I add  "1280x800" into Modes, but still 1024x768
Later I add Virtual 1280 800 just after the Modes, X mass up the screen, I
can not see anything.
Last, I run gtf and get a ModeLine, and added into the xorg.conf, and also
use Modes "1280x800", and again it display in 1024x768.

The drive I use is vesa because when I use radeon or ati, I cannot get into
X.
it says glx not found or something and guess ati or radeon driver does not
support my X1300 video card.

can anyone gives me a hint? thx.

Sherry Zhang