Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2003 01:02:09 +0100
From:      Ronald Klop <ronald@echteman.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   order in fstab and md/mfs

Hello,

Today I noticed my mfs on /tmp not mounting properly, because of the order
of the entries in fstab.
Mfs can't be mounted too early. Is this meant to be or should there be a
second stage for this mount, just like nfs mounts which are deferred until
after the network is up.

I saw it is documented in one line in 'man fstab', that order is
important, but not many examples about this.

Running 5.2-BETA cvsupped today on P-II 400Mhz (UP), 256 MB, IDE.

Ronald.

--
  Ronald Klop
  Amsterdam, The Netherlands