Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 1995 13:31:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "matthew c. mead" <mmead@Glock.COM>
To:        dchapes@zeus.leitch.com (Dave Chapeskie)
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Arena 0.97g binary port

Dave Chapeskie wrote:

>     I've put arena-port2.tgz into ftp.freebsd.org:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming
> (arena-port.tgz is a failed attempt at me transfering it).

>     Inspired by the netscape binary only port this is arena 0.97,
> binary only.  You may not want to include this in the ports
> tree since it's not as fully functional a web browser as netscape
> but unlike netscape it has no ugly licencing and there are those
> of us out here that dislike Netscape for one reason or another.
>     Anyway, here it is if you want it in the ports area.

	I have currently got a copy of the source code for this, and am working
on some various aspects of FreeBSD functionality.  One of the big problems with
Arena is that it doesn't support 16 bit displays, and it doesn't do LSBFirst
properly.  I will be fixing this support, and hopefully pending that will be
able to submit it to the ports collection (depending on what the developers
think, I suppose).

-matt

--
Matthew C. Mead  -> Virginia Tech Center for Transportation Research -
                 -> Multiple Platform System and Network Administration