Date:      Mon, 5 Apr 1999 01:04:17 +0100
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@uk.radan.com>
To:        flygt@sr.se
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Timezone question

On Sun, Apr 04, 1999 at 12:57:23PM +0200, Gunnar Flygt wrote:

> In total it was 2 different troubles I had. One machine, running DOS and
> PC-NFS, and the other running braindead NT
>
> On the first I set the timezone CET-1DST as mentioned above, but the
> other one running Neanderthal Technology, I had to set the timezone to
> GMT-2 to get it to understand where it was. (Yes it IS GMT-2 to make it
> work, although Sweden is GMT+2 hours)

:-/

> I knew I would get answers here, although it didn't have any issue
> towards FreeBSD, but who thinks I had got ANY answer from M$ ;-)

Does FreeBSD update the RTC for Daylight Saving? I only ask because
my machine was booted to FreeBSD when the clocks changed and the
next day FreeBSD was showing the correct time. When I rebooted
the RTC was showing the correct time as well.

FWIW, both W95 & NT also both showed the correct time (probably
because the RTC was correct & both Winblows had "Automatically
adjust for DST" *unchecked*) although 95 correctly thinks the TZ
is GMT, Daylight Saving but NT thinks it is just GMT.