Date:      Thu, 09 Nov 2000 22:14:17 -0800
From:      Drew Tomlinson <drewt@writeme.com>
To:        'Josh Paetzel' <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>, 'Drew Tomlinson' <drewt@writeme.com>, "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Network Card Troubleshooting (was How To Configure 2nd NIC?)

I do have a utility but there is no choice for setting anything like iomem.
I picked different settings for what they call I/O base address which
corresponds to the 0x240 line on ed0 and the 0x260 line on ed1.  I can also
set the IRQs which I did; ed0=9 & ed1=11.  There are no conflicts AFAIK as
self-testing shows both cards working OK.  Do you have any other ideas?  The
cards are LinkSys Ether16 LAN cards if that helps.

> of a software utility.  Plug and Play has kind of removed us
> from the joys
> of configuring hardware, but most cards require one or more
> irqs, a range of

Yeah, I haven't done this for a long time.  Brings back memories.

I know I keep saying it but thank you again for your time on this.  I really
appreciate it and am anxious to take on the task of setting up NAT and
filters.  Now if I could just get both interfaces working...  :)

Drew