Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:57:31 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@tristatelogic.com>
Subject:   Re: Eliminating IPv6 (?)

In message <CAOjFWZ7A5cA=3DoE3viNy-W=3DG3uNxiBGtNccA8yEoHfL52dY=3DdEg@mail=
.gmail.com>
Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com> wrote:

>For someone who doesn't want to be preached to about the benefits of IPv6=
,
>you certainly do a lot of preaching about not wanting IPv6.  :)

Guilty as charged.

>You've been given the tools to do exactly what you want:
>  - comment out IPv6 support in the kernel config file
>  - add WITHOUT_IPV6=3Dyes to /etc/src.conf
>  - rebuild the world and kernel
>
>Voila!  A version of FreeBSD made especially for you, without any traces =
of
>IPv6.  Does exactly what you want.  Why the long diatribe asking for
>something else once you've been shown how to do what you want?

Rebuild kernel+world is not exactly a quick solution.

And god only knows how much will break once I've done that.  How many othe=
people have tested -all- of the resulting binaries, seriously, on actual
production systems?  (I may be the first one ever, at least for 12.0.)

But this is all besides the point anyway.  I am now resigned to my fate,
and I am already up to the fifth stage of grief with respect to this issue=
.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

Regards,
rfg