Date:      Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:13:16 -1000 (HST)
From:      Vincent Poy <vince@oahu.WURLDLINK.NET>
To:        "Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account)" <kulraj@bosa.ca>
Cc:        Jeremiah Gowdy <jgowdy@home.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: the AMD factor in FreeBSD

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001, Kulraj Gurm (bosa.ca account) wrote:

> Something we did several months ago :
>
> FreeBSD make buildworld 4.2 (cvsup)
> Virtually identical machines, three different CPU's
> Duron 700    66min
> PIII 700        65min
> Athlon 700    55min
>
> The surprising factor to me was not that the Athlon was easily the fastest
> at this task (I expected that), but that the Duron performed so
> exceptionally well compared to the PIII which at the time was three times
> the cost!
>
> Regards,
>
> Kulraj

	That's true... I sure like to see where the Celeron fits in.. a
Celeron 2 700 or a Celeron II 566@850.

Cheers,
Vince - vince@WURLDLINK.NET - Vice President             ________   __ ____
Unix Networking Operations - FreeBSD-Real Unix for Free / / / / |  / |[__  ]
WurldLink Corporation                                  / / / /  | /  | __] ]
San Francisco - Honolulu - Hong Kong                  / / / / / |/ / | __] ]
HongKong Stars/Gravis UltraSound Mailing Lists Admin /_/_/_/_/|___/|_|[____]
Almighty1@IRC - oahu.DAL.NET Hawaii's DALnet IRC Network Server Admin