Date:      01 Dec 2002 10:58:50 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        La Temperanza <temperanza@softhome.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: poor 3D performance

--=-wQg2bzQ3+2Q/RsdTFnHZ

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 03:54, La Temperanza wrote:
> Hello again. I've got a Duron 950 with 256MB RAM and a Radeon 7500 with=20
> 32MB vmem, running 4.7-STABLE up-to-date as of a few days ago, and I=20
> can't figure out why 3D games like bzflag are running at almost=20
> unplayable frame rates. I have the drm-kmod port installed, my video=20
> card is detected properly and DRI is loading correctly... can anyone=20
> throw me some suggestions?

Ran into this problem a few days ago. It seems that portupgrade of
XFree86 or XFree86-libraries (using portupgrade) would overwrite the DRI
specific libs installed by drm-kmod. It looks like DRI is loaded and
working properly, but it's not.=20

Check your XFree86.8.log or what XFree stays when it starts up.

XFree86 Version 4.2.0 / X Window System

It should also say some stuff about a DRI something after Version
instead of XFree86 4.2.1 or something.

What I did to get it to work, was portupgrade XFree86, then make install
in /usr/ports/graphics/drm-kmod without using portupgrade.

Also did you check the ATI Radeon specific messages with the drm-kmod?

--=20
Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>

--=-wQg2bzQ3+2Q/RsdTFnHZ

--=-wQg2bzQ3+2Q/RsdTFnHZ--