Date:      Mon, 7 Feb 2005 13:54:20 +0100
From:      Anton Berezin <tobez@tobez.org>
To:        Boris Kovalenko <boris@ntmk.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: We need new feature for pkg_create?

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 04:31:01PM +0500, Boris Kovalenko wrote:

> 	I'm net/quagga port maintainer. My port is installing some scripts
> 	to /etc/rc.d. I know, this is bad, but I really need rcorder to be applied
> to my scripts. So, to install scripts, I use next trick:
>
> @cwd %%RC_DIR%%
> quagga%%RC_SUFX%%
> watchquagga%%RC_SUFX%%
> @cwd %%CWD_TRICK%%
>
> where %%RC_DR%% is set to /etc/rc.d and %%CWD_TRICK%% is set to
> ${PREFIX}. In most cases this works well, but not in case when pkg_add
> is used with -p option. So, the question is - may be we really need new
> feature for pkg_create like @pushwd and @popwd? So, the trick will look like

Would not it just be easier to re-arrange the original plist to be:

@cwd %%CWD_TRICK%%
@cwd %%RC_DIR%%
quagga%%RC_SUFX%%
watchquagga%%RC_SUFX%%

This should work fine, if me reading of pkg_* code is correct.  the
disadvantage is, of course, using a feature (-p = replace only the
_first_ @cwd), which is not documented.

\Anto.
--
The moronity of the universe is a monotonically increasing function. --
Jarkko Hietaniemi