Date:      Sat, 03 Oct 1998 22:00:45 -0400
From:      "Steve Friedrich" <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>, "groggy@iname.com" <groggy@iname.com>, "Michael Suster" <mas20@po.cwru.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dual processor support

On Sun, 4 Oct 1998 11:22:14 +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

>On Saturday,  3 October 1998 at 13:50:38 -0400, Steve Friedrich wrote:
>>>
>>> i believe 3.0 will include support
>>> for SMP ...
>>
>> Please, if you don't know the answer for sure, then please, please,
>> please don't waste Internet bandwidth with your response.
>>
>> A better answer would have been to visit the web site and find the URL
>> and send it....
>> See http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html
>
>Better still, since you've found the URL, would be to summarize what's
>in there:  "yes".

Nope.  I am not willing to do the work for anyone unless they pay me.
I am willing to point people in the right direction though.  I
generally avoid giving people answers that they can find in the
documentation, just point them there. Otherwise, what's the point of
documenting anything.  In the end, people need to read FAQs, man pages,
and books to become self-sufficient.  This mail list gets a lot of
questions that people could answer for themselves.  That's a lot of
noise we could do without.  IMHO, this list should be for questions
that cannot be answered by reading the available docs.
Unix systems measure "uptime" in years, Winblows measures it in minutes.