Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2006 10:21:45 +0200
From:      "bsd@kuehlbox.de" <bsd@kuehlbox.de>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gjournal and Softupdates

I've just watched over some of the gjournal threads.

My main question now is, whats the difference from gjournal and
softupdates in case of reability ?
Wasn't SU design to make the use of journals needless? As far i
remember, SU was designed to write in the cache in such a way, that
whenever the system crashed, the FS is always consistent. Only bgfsck
has todo a snapshot and cleanup "unused" space that got lost cause the
SU did not finish as the crash occured.

Maybe someone can give me some light into that :). I always tought that
*BSD don't need a journaling FS as it has already SU

Greetings

Teufel