Date:      Fri, 23 Jul 2004 16:31:54 -0500
From:      Ken <nekvas@daydream.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   php4 and static ssl

Since the new php4 changes happened in ports, I have a problem using
fsockopen() in my code. I'm getting:

Warning: fsockopen(): no SSL support in this build

A quick check with phpinfo() shows that ssl support is enabled in my
build via the extension. From what I've read, openssl needs to be
statically linked to php for there to be ssl support in fsockopen(). Can
anyone give me a clue as to how to do this with the new way that php is
now broken up in to php-extensions and such?

Thanks a million for any help.