Date:      Thu, 15 Apr 1999 22:41:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        svolker@asterix.fi.upm.es (Volker Stolz)
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernel-log: tei_assign/rx_frame?

Volker Stolz wrote:

> What do these messages in the kernel-log mean?
> The numbers are constantly growing...Everything works fine, though :)
>
> lucy kernel log messages:
> > i4b-L2-i4b_tei_assign: tx TEI ID_Request
> > i4b-L2-i4b_tei_rx_frame: TEI ID Assign - TEI = 78
> > i4b-L2-i4b_tei_assign: tx TEI ID_Request
> > i4b-L2-i4b_tei_rx_frame: TEI ID Assign - TEI = 79

These messages indicate the occurence a layer two address assignment. Usually
it occurs just once during a power cycle of a machine but it may be more
often if the exchange decides to do it more often.

As long as frequency of those messages is low (one or two per day) all is
fine, if they happen every minute or so something might be wrong.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...