Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 97 15:11:59 -0700
From:      "Studded" <Studded@dal.net>
To:        "sthaug@nethelp.no" <sthaug@nethelp.no>
Cc:        "freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: CERT Advisory CA-97.22 - BIND - the Berkeley Internet Name Daemon

On Thu, 14 Aug 1997 23:01:43 +0200, sthaug@nethelp.no wrote:

>As far as I know Paul Vixie has said that 4.9.6 is the last release on
>the 4.x branch. All new releases will be for the 8.x branch.

	Yes, well, I've seen a lot of things happen on the internet that
were never supposed to happen.  :)  In any case, my point is simply that
if they move forward with 4.9.x, we should track it (after a reasonable
period of time to make sure there are no bugs in their new release).  It
took so long to move up from 4.9.4, I'd like to see some plans laid to
make sure something like that doesn't happen again.

Doug

Do thou amend they face,
	and I'll amend my life.
-Shakespeare, "Henry V"