Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 19:39:27 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@sr.hp.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New PnP code does not work for me(?)

Peter Wemm <peter@netplex.com.au> wrote:

> We're not doing this because we enjoy pain and suffering, it's because
> it'll be better and more robust in the long run.  Unfortunately, there was
> no canonical list of logical ID's on the cards we used to recognize.
>
> So I repeat for the list.. If you've got a card that used to work or does
> work under BIOS backwards compat preconfig with 'controller pnp0' disabled,
> please send us a dmesg and pnpinfo -v so we can add the ID's.  'controller
> pnp0' is quite likely to become non-optional soon so we can use the
> motherboard resource lists.

     I want to publicly thank Peter Wemm for posting a reply that is
courteous, informative, and useful.  Recently, there has been too much
noise in this and other FreeBSD lists/groups where other people have
been abrupt to the point of rudeness.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@sr.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion, or policy of Hewlett-Packard, or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.