Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 01:02:15 +0100
From:      "D. Rock" <rock@dead-end.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ed fix committed

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <385169FE.97592A18@dead-end.net> "D. Rock" writes:
> : slots for a card after suspensions, it won't be detected after resume
> : (sio OTOH was detected). Instead pccardd reports:
> :
> : pccardd[40]: No free configuration for card D-Link
>
> Cool.  If you could troubleshoot this and let me know why things
> aren't getting removed, that would be even better.
A small correction: The sio driver also has this problem. The cause is simple:
pccardd (and the kernel) doesn't know the card has been removed. So it is
marked as used. The kernel just disabled the slot and after resume didn't
check, if the slot is filled:

If you look at the output below, you can see two "card inserted" messages
without an "card removed" between. Most of the time removing and re-inserting
the card (probably into another slot) solves the problem. Sometimes I have
to restart pccardd, but I didn't have to reboot the machine yet to detect
the cards again.

pccard: card disabled, slot 0
pccard: card disabled, slot 1
[only one slot was filled at this time]

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:01:17)
[after suspension I removed the card, both slots are now empty]

ata0: resetting devices .. done
pccard: card inserted, slot 1
[now I really inserted the card]

pccard: card removed, slot 1
[wasn't properly detected by pccardd, removed it]

pccard: card inserted, slot 0
[and re-inserted in into another slot]

ed0 at port 0x240-0x25f irq 11 slot 0 on pccard0
ed0: address 00:80:c8:8b:66:e9, type NE2000 (16 bit)
ed0: unload

Daniel