Date:      Fri, 02 Apr 2004 14:23:59 -0600
From:      "Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P." <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        meimi <meimi_1@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Server down regularly

meimi wrote:

>Hello,
>  Thanks everyone.
>
>Here is the information
>FreeBSD 4.8
>Server specification:
>PIII1.7GHz
>512MB ram
>80GB harddisk
>
>The server is used for web, mail, dns and databases (mysql and postgresql).
>Recently, I have recompiled PHP with option curl and openssl added.
>The server is in Equinix datacenter and it is not busy, so I don't it will
>be temperature problems.
>
>Actually, what I want to know is the general steps for finding the problems.
>
>Thanks
>Meimi

OK, better information now.  You said regularly?
What does that mean?  Same time every day?

As someone mentioned, check your log files.
Does it do backups at a certain time, and therefore
crashes (you said it wasn't too heavily burdened....)

Do you feel that it is very secure?  Anyone else
have access to this box?

Kevin Kinsey