Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 97 14:48:08 +0100
From:      Jean-Marc Zucconi <jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu
Cc:        sjr@home.net, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about ispell port and emacs requirement

 >  * The BUILD_DEPENDS line in the makefile is no more necessary and ispell
 >  * will not install any lisp file if emacs is not installed.

 > Didn't you say (when this came up last time) that you were going to
 > just unconditionally disable .elc generation?  (Otherwise we might
 > have incomplete PLISTs...I know I know, but there really isn't any
 > need for .elc's anyway....)

It is disabled (patch-ab) :
date: 1997/06/04 15:19:40;  author: jmz;  state: Exp;  lines: +30 -37
Never byte-compile ispell.el.

However I did not notice when you added the BUILD_DEPENDS line, this
is why I did not remove it :-)

ispell.el is still in the PLIST (and installed), and we can just create
${PREFIX}/share/emacs/site-lisp/ in the pre-install target even if
emacs is not (yet) installed.

Jean-Marc
 Jean-Marc Zucconi       Observatoire de Besancon       F 25010 Besancon cedex
                   PGP Key: finger jmz@cabri.obs-besancon.fr