Date:      Thu, 4 Mar 2021 09:09:20 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        crees@bayofrum.net, FreeBSD ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: www/joomla3 is no longer in the FreeBSD pkg repo

Chris Rees crees at bayofrum.net wrote on
Thu Mar 4 09:48:12 UTC 2021 :

> . . .
> I'm afraid that this, which I found in pdflib-lite's readme.txt [1]=20
> differs on that opinion.
>=20
> ----
>=20
> - PDFlib Lite
>    Open-source edition for basic PDF generation, free for personal =
use.
>    PDFlib Lite does not support all languages, and is not available on
>    EBCDIC platforms.
> ----
>=20
> "Free for personal use" is not Free, and that's why the licence must =
be=20
> acknowledged.
>=20
> Unless you have found explicit mention that it is definitely under the=20=

> PHP licence?
>=20
> Chris
>=20
> [1]=20
> https://github.com/Distrotech/PDFlib-Lite

Looking at the github materials I find:

=
https://github.com/Distrotech/PDFlib-Lite/blob/master/doc/pdflib/PDFlib-Li=
te-license.pdf

which indicates: "This agreement defines the licensing terms
for the software product called PDFlib Lite 7.0.5" Its section
2.1 is an "Open Source Developer Exemption" and section 2.2 is
a "Private non-Profit User Exemption" and section 2.3 is a
"Educational and Research Exemption". Its section 6 indicates
that: "This license is governed by the laws of Germany,
excluding choice of law rules."

I make no claim about any validity of depending on any of the
content of the PDFlib-Lite-license.pdf referenced.

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went