Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:04:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Mark W. Krentel" <krentel@dreamscape.com>
To:        marcel@cup.hp.com
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, scott@zorch.sf-bay.org
Subject:   Re: Linuxulator, getdents and Citrix

> I think it's significant. You and Mark might be discussing different
> bugs. Keep me posted; I'll get to it eventually.

Yes, they seem to be different.  For me, the bug only happens with
non-UFS partitions (ext2 or cdrom), which is not what Scott has.
Everything works fine on UFS.

I'll ask the general audience:

(1) Does anyone else see this problem?  Compile the readdir program
from my previous mail in Linux, and run it in the Linuxulator on ext2
or cdrom partitions.

(2) For me, linux_getdents(2) returns the right answer, but readdir(3)
does not.  That suggests the problem is in the Linux readdir(3)
library, but I've looked at the source, and there doesn't appear to be
anything wrong.  Furthermore, I'm using RH 6.1 and linux_base_6.1 and
they both have /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.1.2.so and cmp reports the
files are identical.  So, I'm kinda stumped on where to look next.
Any suggestions?

--Mark