Date:      Mon, 24 Mar 2014 20:56:46 -0700
From:      Richard Catlin <richard.m.catlin@gmail.com>
To:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Running netmap's pkt-get on Debian

Hi,

I'm trying to run the pkt-get example on Debian.  I'm not an expert =
(yet) on the Linux Network Stack and Drivers, so I need some help.  I =
did download the "tiny core" bootable Linux image, and pkt-gen runs on =
that.  I'm just not sure the steps to take to make it run on my VMWare =
Debian instance.

I did the following:

1.  git clone https://code.google.com/p/netmap/
2.  went to the /netmap/LINUX directory and ran "make", and "make apps"
3.  /sbin/rmmod e1000
4.  /sbin/insmod netmap_lin.ko
5. /sbin/insmod e1000/e1000.ko

When I run these, the receiver does not recognize the transmissions.=20
Shell 1 (as root): ./pkt-gen -i vale-foo
Shell 2 (as root): ./pkt-gen -i vale-bar -f tx

Regards,
Richard Catlin

Here is a screen shot of them running.