Date:      Wed, 23 Apr 1997 16:36:27 -0700
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@mpress.com>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   The disappearing Tyan Titan-Pro ATX S1668

I called Tyan (is a local call) and talked to their sales department.
I also noticed something new on their website today:

      'Something great is coming May 7th'

but they don't tell you anything about it.  Basically they didn't
want to say anything and refered me to a distributor.

I talked to their local distributor who said that yes Tyan has a new
line of Motherboards coming out in the next few weeks.

She said that among other things there would be support for the
Pentium Pro II.  (but again this was a sales droid).

She did not know if the S1668/S1662 would continue or be replaced.
She said that she would be getting together some information
about the new products and faxing them to me.  It sounded though
like I would not be getting anything till May 7th.

However, as I mentioned in another posting, Fry's Electronics has
removed all high end Tyan MBs from their stores and said the new
one's would be arriving in a week.

--
Brian Litzinger
brian@mediacity.com