Date:      Mon, 16 Jul 2007 00:26:57 +0200
From:      Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
To:        Michael B Allen <ioplex@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: amd

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 05:25:46PM -0400, Michael B Allen wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> I'm a C developer. I normally use Linux but I'm trying FreeBSD with
> limited success.
>=20
> First thing I need to do mount an NFS volume. I was able to mount it
> manually. Fine. Then I added an entry to amd.map, did 'amd /mnt
> /etc/amd.map' and tried to access the directory in /mnt and it worked.
> Fine. Then I killed amd, tried and failed to figure out how to get amd
> to start automatically on boot. Then I tried to start amd again as
> before and now it doesn't work:

Daemons are enabled in /etc/rc.conf. You can see the defaults in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf.=20

For amd and nfs you should have the following in /etc/rc.conf:

rpcbind_enable=3D"YES"
amd_enable=3D"YES"
nfs_client_enable=3D"YES"

Section =A724.3 of the FreeBSD handbook can enlighten you further. You can
find an english HTML version in=20
file:///usr/share/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/network-nfs.html

Reading the relevant sections of the Handbook if a good way to become
acquainted with FreeBSD.

Roland
--=20

--7JfCtLOvnd9MIVvH