Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 97 10:50:23 BST
From:      David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
To:        scsi@freebsd.org, taob@nbc.netcom.ca
Subject:   Re:  Best bet for stable AHA-2940UW server?

Well you could try 2.2-GAMMA.  I'm running a version
from mid-February.  The machine has been 20 days or so now (although
I had to restart mountd due to a bug I introduced.....)

Its a P200 with 64MB of RAM an Adaptec 2940UW running a 4GB Seagate
Barra and a 9GB Micropolis (both narrow non-ultra). (and a 3GB EIDE)

The only problems I've had with the SCSI driver in that version is that
it gets upset when the drives are upset - It doesn't like to stay
up when the drives report bad blocks.

The machine is an NFS server connected via 100MBps ether (Ether express Pro100B)
exported to about 400 machines with typically about 15 actually having
it mounted.

Dave