Date:      Thu, 8 Oct 2015 11:24:19 +0300
From:      Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
To:        "O'Connor, Daniel" <darius@dons.net.au>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>, FreeBSD-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: svn commit: r288983 - in head/sys/arm: arm include

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 06:31:23PM +1030, O'Connor, Daniel wrote:

> > On 8 Oct 2015, at 17:08, Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:
> > First step actually is to make an effort to obtain the said support code
> > and to read the license before looking at the single line of the code.
> > The App Note 98 stated that the code is 'provided with the note', but I
> > failed to make any useful consequences of the statement.
>
> Downloading http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dai0098a/DAI0098.zip
> (linked at the bottom of http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.dai0098a/index.html) unpacks to a Windows installer :-/
>
> There is a vfp-support-license.txt file I put here
> https://gist.github.com/DanielO/b83a7872a61251109de1
>
> IANAL but it doesn't look BSD compatible.
>
> There are 2 CAB files in there, 'unshield' unpacks them OK but the library is just binary so it seems useless. The 2 CAB files seem identical contents but different MD5s (no idea why).
>
> Looking a bit more, I'm not sure what the library in it is actually for - there is vfp_init.s which doesn't seem to actually DO that much.

Hm, I see, apparently I did not get a link to .zip until I logged in, and
the infocenter keeps automatically unlogin me on each browser restart.
Does the content of the installed archive agree with the list in the
paragraph 6.1.1 of the note ?

But I see that the list includes two binaries vfpsupport.b and
vfpsupport.l. Are they contained in the archive ? In which binary format
are they distributed ? If it is ELF, then there is still some hope.