Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 00:37:08 -0600
From:      "Josh Paetzel" <jpaetzel@hutchtel.net>
To:        "'FreeBSD Questions (E-mail)'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Drew Tomlinson" <drewt@writeme.com>
Subject:   Re: Network Card Troubleshooting (was How To Configure 2nd NIC?)

> I do have a utility but there is no choice for setting anything like
iomem.
> I picked different settings for what they call I/O base address which
> corresponds to the 0x240 line on ed0 and the 0x260 line on ed1.  I can
also
> set the IRQs which I did; ed0=9 & ed1=11.  There are no conflicts AFAIK as
> self-testing shows both cards working OK.  Do you have any other ideas?

Well, there is a conflict, as the cards are both using the same iomem space.
They are both mapping memory to the same address space in RAM and therefore
are overwriting each other.  If there really is no way to change that then
you will not be able to use the cards together.

 The
> cards are LinkSys Ether16 LAN cards if that helps.
>
> > of a software utility.  Plug and Play has kind of removed us
> > from the joys
> > of configuring hardware, but most cards require one or more
> > irqs, a range of
>
> Yeah, I haven't done this for a long time.  Brings back memories.
>
> I know I keep saying it but thank you again for your time on this.  I
really
> appreciate it and am anxious to take on the task of setting up NAT and
> filters.  Now if I could just get both interfaces working...  :)

The pleasure is all mine.  I got a lot of help from the FreeBSD community
when I was first starting out, and now it's payback time.

Josh