Date:      Sat, 28 Aug 1999 20:18:35 -0700
From:      "Michael W. Akers" <mwakers@home.com>
To:        "Damien Tougas" <dtougas@converging.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I HATE WINDOWS NT...

Damien,
Not to anoy you, but you are dead wrong about what tools are available
for NT SysAdmins to administer and control other NT systems. Although
the suite of tools is not as rich as under FreeBSD or UNIX, it is just as
powerfull. For your spicific gripe I suggest you take a hard look at the
System Policy Editor. It will allow you to create a policy that will force
all user creations to give Administrator or Domain Administrator full
permissions at the time of creation. If you want UNIX shell capability
on NT then download from Microsoft the Microsoft Services for Unix.
BTW, its free.
As in UNIX, users of Windows NT need the illusion of privacy. Most of them
simply do not understand why a SysAdmin needs access to ALL files
and directories. Most users do not realize that a SysAdmin has access
to thier email, all of thier files, can trace all of thier activities, and
create
ongoing logs of their day to day actilvities. AT WILL. Undetectably!
And use that information for any purpose that they want.
As for FreeBSD, i'm glad you are looking at it. I like FreeBSD over
Linux (Linux -- Change OS daily!) as it is a controlled core implimentation.
When the people at FreeBSD say a release is stable, IT IS STABLE!!!

Please feel free to contact me for any NT SysAdmin issues, and NT/UNIX
system integration issues.
Michael W. Akers
M. Akers Enterprises

P.S. I hope this ends this thread.