Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 04:54:16 +0000
From:      "Jon Larssen" <jonlarssen@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   USB modems + USB hub

Hi,

I have to provide eight PSTN lines for PPP dial-in to my server, and I have
already requested a multiport serial board (from Stallion). In the meantime,
I have here several USB modems and a USB hub.

Has anyone ever plugged more than, say, 4 USB modems to a USB hub and that
to a FreeBSD box and made it work? Power to the modems is supplied by the
USB hub, but, the USB bus bandwidth (I think in the vicinity of 2 MBps) can
handle 4 modems?

BTW, how's FreeBSD support for USB modems? Is it stable? (I'm
running/tracking -STABLE)

Best regards,
Jon.