Date:      Mon, 02 Mar 2015 20:36:42 -0500
From:      George Rosamond <george@ceetonetechnology.com>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   disabling journaling?

Ian mentioned softupdates + journaling is a problem.

https://marc.info/?l=freebsd-arm&m=142526289401012&w=2

> IMO, there's your problem right there.  People have been reporting for
> years that softupdates + journaling = corruption.  The freebsd project's
> collective response to all those reports has been a rather silent yawn.
> The only sane response, IMO, is to not use journaling.

Should crochet be adjusted for it in lib/disk.sh?

    # Turn on Softupdates
    tunefs -n enable ${NEW_UFS_DEVICE}
    # Turn on SUJ with a minimally-sized journal.
    # This makes reboots tolerable if you just pull power
    # Note:  A slow SDHC reads about 1MB/s, so a 30MB
    # journal can delay boot by 30s.
    tunefs -j enable -S 4194304 ${NEW_UFS_DEVICE}
    # Turn on NFSv4 ACLs
    tunefs -N enable ${NEW_UFS_DEVICE}

I assume journaling should go first. Besides in build scripts, don't
know how this would be done a system for the root partition when you
can't go into single-user mode.