Date:      Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:07:01 -0500
From:      "Mikhail Evstiounin" <evstiounin@adelphia.net>
To:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>, "James A Wilde" <james.wilde@telia.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: chmod command doesn't work was: chmod: invalid file mode: 04711

Before we proceed there, I'd like to know if your chmod is the real one -
what I mean if you running executable  from the right place and there is
no alias in your shell. In some shells you can use "type" command
type chmod
which is alias, if my memory servers me right, to where command (or
whence? - too
many Unixes).