Date:      Tue, 7 Feb 1995 08:16:18 +0100 (MET)
From:      guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij)
To:        davidg@Root.COM
Cc:        elh@p5.spnet.com, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kernel limits

David Greenman wrote:

>    Hmmm...I just looked at SunOS 4.1.3 and the limit there is 25 processes.
> ...but I agree that 40 is too small. Perhaps 64 is more reasonable.

> >> This limit should probably be changeable using sysctl.

I implemented this last night. Expect it to go into the tree wednesday.

Further: I like to have a bunch of commneted sysctl's in etc/rc so ppl
at least *know* what things to tune. maxfilesperproc, maxprocperuid
come to mind...any others? (btw: initial values are resp. maxfiles, and
maxproc-1)

-Guido