Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 2004 05:31:09 -0800
From:      Vonleigh Simmons <nospam@illusionart.com>
To:        CHris Rich <freebsdnews@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql won't start on boot

>>        Yes, was in my original message but you caught us half-way:
>>
>> # grep mysql /etc/rc.conf
>> mysql_enable="YES"
>>
>>        I'm using the mysql from ports.
>>
> I'm going from memory here as I'm not in front of my BSD machine but
> isn't it mysqld_enable="YES"?

	Not according to the script, but I'll try it anyway:

---
$ grep enable /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh
# Add the following line to /etc/rc.conf to enable mysql:
# mysql_enable (bool):          Set to "NO" by default.
#                               Set it to "YES" to enable MySQL.
..snip..
---

	Nope, still no dice. Changed it back to mysql_enable but it still
won't start up on boot. Anyone have any other ideas of what it could
be?

	I tried recompiling mysql_server but still no go. The only error I get
is:

---
041210 07:33:27  mysqld started
041210  7:33:27 [ERROR] Can't find messagefile
'/usr/local/share/mysql/english/e
rrmsg.sys'
041210  7:33:27 [ERROR] Aborting

041210 07:33:27  mysqld ended
---

	However when I start it directly it starts up just fine.

Vonleigh Simmons
<http://illusionart.com/>;