Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 19:59:41 -0400
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C++ to C convertor??

Kyle Mestery wrote in message ID
<Pine.GSO.3.96.970917104049.3750A-100000@tundra.winternet.com>:
> They do support the StrongARM, both NetBSD and gcc.  The problem lies in
> the fact that my company is on the bleeding edge of all of this.  We have
> an ebsa285 eval board, which has not only a StronARM, but also a
> footbridge chip, the 21285 core Logic.  The problem is, the compiler DEC
> ships supports only C and a mangled assembly for the ARM that is different
> than the GNU assembly.

``mangled assembly''? :-)

I bet its a version of the Acorn ARM assembler. It should understand
.o, and should have its own linker. So you can compile the stuff using
gcc on another box, and take it over to the devel env and link (in
theory). That is assuming that DEC didn't use a proprietary assembler.

Any idea what the DEC compiler is called?

Gary