Date:      Sun, 03 Oct 1999 20:23:40 -0400
From:      "Daniel T. Chen" <daniel_chen@unc.edu>
To:        "James C. Durham" <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cdrecord question

"James C. Durham" wrote:

> I believe you want to change "-data" to "-audio". Also, you
> may need to put in -swab. If this is needed, the symptom
> is that the CD player says the tracks are there and all
> is fine, but you get nothing but hiss with a few hints
> of music (caused by the swapping of low and high order
> bytes).
>
> Here is the line I use:
> cdrecord -v -swab speed=2 dev=3,0 -audio track*.raw
>
> I am using tosha to "rip" the tracks.

Jim,
	Thanks for the tip.  I think I did not state my question clearly
enough, so a lot of people on the list thought I was actually trying to
burn them as audio tracks.  Actually, I was trying to burn a directory
of mp3s in *data* format to disk so that I could just take the CD-R to
another computer and play them.  So for future reference:

mkhybrid -J -o cdimage.raw *.mp3
	and
cdrecord -v -data speed=8 dev=0,4,0 cdimage.raw

Thanks for everyone's input.

-d

--
Daniel T. Chen