Date:      Mon, 3 Nov 1997 16:37:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@wicked.eaznet.com>
To:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   crons

I'm trying to set up a cron to compress my RADIUS log files every month.  I wanted to start the cron at 11:59 on the last day of the month.  But, I can't figure out if cron will recognize a date of 31 in a 30 day month or if there is another way to start the cron.  Hmmm... I could run it at 1 minute after midnight the next day, but how do I get "date" to return the name of the previous month?

Thanks for any help!  I'm kinda new at the shellscript stuff.

Eddie