Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 1997 22:16:12 -0500 (EST)
From:      behind brown eyes <benji@haven.boston.ma.us>
To:        dburr@POBoxes.com (Donald Burr)
Cc:        shawn@luke.cpl.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Status of Adaptec AHA-2920?

According to Donald Burr:
> Besides, I have NOT been able to find any NCR/SymBIOS cards.  Well, I take
> that back: I've seen a LOT of cards but I'm not sure what chips they have
> in them, and when I ask, all I get is "Duuuhhhhh...?"

You're right, back when I was looking for a PCI SCSI card for my FreeBSD box,
I hard a lot of trouble finding a card that I could be sure actually an
NCR/SymBIOS chipset. I finally settled on a Promise controller
(http://www.promise.com). They've got two (used to be three) controllers,
a fast SCSI and a fast/wide/ultra controller. Seems to work pretty well (I
haven't really been the system as much as I should :-).

	benji

--
Benjamin R. Cline	Large Furry Mammal 	benji@haven.boston.ma.us
"As an adolescent I aspired to lasting fame, I craved factual certainty, and I