Date:      Wed, 26 Sep 2001 14:38:36 -0500
From:      David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
To:        mario <admin@tecdigital.net>
Cc:        scott@smnolde.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dhcp & cable, @home (help me fight the MS monopoly)

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 12:13:06PM -0500, mario wrote:
> Read /sbin/dhclient-script (its a text file)
>
> You can add this to /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks:
> #!/bin/sh
> <whatever you need>
>
> and then chmod +x /etc/dhclient-exit-hooks

You don't want to restart your firewall every time dhclient runs
dhclient-exit-hooks as it will often run it several times on a renewal.
I suggest you start with an exit-hook script something like this to
scope out how dhclient uses it:

#!/bin/sh
(
	date
	set
	echo
) >> /tmp/exit-hook-debug

If I remember correctly there is a REASON variable explaining why the
exit hook was called. Also may include old and new IP addresses. Based
on the variables provided you can decide whether or not your firewall
script needs to be re-run. Or ddup.

--
David Kelly N4HHE, dkelly@hiwaay.net