Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 1995 01:52:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        jbryant@server.iadfw.net (Jim Bryant)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ANy one useing ft driver under 2.0 current???

> In reply:
> > From: "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
> > Subject: ANy one useing ft driver under 2.0 current???
> >
> > I am trying to get a colorado 250 working.  It probes and every thing
> > but ``tar czf - | ft "test1" runs for awhile and then finishes without
> > error.

> Also, I have noticed that between 2.0-RELEASE and 950210-SNAP there is a
> DRASTIC slowdown when using gzip [tar -z option] and ft at the same
> time.  Has this been fixed in -current?

I don't know, but the tape drive does stream when doing this on -current
on a DX2/66 PCI system (FDC on motherboard), both during read and write.

> BTW: try this:
>
>      tar -cvzf - what.to.back.up | ft "test1"
>      ft "test1" | tar -tvzf -
>
> If you typed the above as you originally did, tar did exactly what you
> told it too, essentially nothing...  [I hate it when I do things like
> that too :^) ]

Paint me a hat again... I guess I've been working too hard lately,
thanks!!!  Adding the missing "." to my tar command did the trick,
I am now a happy camper, one more problem fixed!!!
                         /
			<:-)
			 \

Now to see if I've done something as stupid that is keeping the
Chinnon 525S from working :-).