Date:      Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:04:01 -0800
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wake up on lan driver support

hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis) wrote:

> 6. The LAN card driver must support waking up of the card and/or the
>    LAN card driver must not disable waking up of the card.

[ I think we're in violent agreement here, and that we're now quibbling
  over subtle differences in the English language.  ]

     I don't think you need *support* in the driver.  What you do need is
for the driver/ACPI *bugs* to be fixed (any existing BIOS-configured
settings like WOL need to be preserved and not destroyed by the driver).

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com