Date:      Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:46:08 -0700
From:      fyeung@fyeung8.netific.com (Francis Yeung)
To:        joki@kuebart.stuttgart.netsurf.de, helbig@MX.BA-Stuttgart.De
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape Navigator 3.01 without named

Greetings,

	I have noticed a few other things related with Netscape under FreeBSD.

	In accessing a round robin site, Netscape never tries
to retrieve the DNS again of that site. It stays happy with the DNS (IP address)
that it got once before. The round robin site works fine for other applications
e.g. telnet, ftp and lynx. For some reason, not for Netscape - even though
the caches have setup to have 0 memory. In general, if there are 3 sites in
a round robin setup e.g. www1, www2 and www3 and they are named WWW.
If I do http://WWW, I would expect Netscape to get www1 first. The following
http://WWW, I would expect Netscape to issue another DNS enquiry and to get
back www2 as the "WWW". Instead, Netscape always stays with www1 as the "WWW".
Maybe, I did miss something somewhere.

	BTW, you don't need named. Just setup the /etc/resolv.conf.

	Francis