Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 01:52:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Anonymous <anonymous@foto.nl1.torservers.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Release Date Challenge, plus other stuff the project needs

We, the users of FreeBSD, *do hereby challenge* the FreeBSD project
to meet its future release dates.

Why: Because the FreeBSD project has not met a significant number
of its release dates. It's an apalling state of affairs and makes
you, the project, look silly. Business and personal users plan
elements of their schedules, budgets and capabilities around OS
updates. And the continual failure of FreeBSD to deliver causes us
to have no alternative but to look at our bosses and just shrug.
We've taken to padding it out a week, two weeks, a month, two
months... just to cover the random slippage. Since there seems to
be no public statements about this ongoing situation, we might as
well pad it to a quarter or a half... FreeBSD's already a half
behind on status reports.

No one is asking for a commercial dictatorship here. But please
FreeBSD, coordinate better amongst yourselves!!! Be honest about
what is and isn't going to make it. Grow the wiki as your central
coordination center [ie 1] and start moving dynamic docs from www
to there (the community). Replace GNATS (omg, ugh), SVN, and even
MoinMoin so the world can interface with some things that it has
some (good / market leading) experience with [2].

Other than that, FreeBSD is great :)

[1]
http://wiki.freebsd.org/WhatsNew/FreeBSD10

[2]