Date:      Sun, 17 Nov 2002 23:44:07 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: -STABLE was stable for long time

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Thomas Seck wrote:

> Well, why not. The only problem I see (with my sleepy eyes) is how to
> distinguish HW problems from SW problems under heavy load (i386 HW is of
> extremely low quality these days, not to mention the thermal issues with
> today's processors).

Oh, I know ... and that is where I think I've gotten lucky with Rackspace
... I even *question* a piece of hardware, they scheduale a time with me
to get rid of it ... never once have they shot back at me that its an OS
issue ... and when I worked with Matt on that last probably, he pretty
much treated it the same way ... he would suggest possible hardware
issues, and I'd get the rackspace guys to investigate, but not once did
Matt drop the possibility it was a SW issue ... turned out, it was one of
each :)  Underpowered Power Supplies, and a bug in the VM subsystem ...