Date:       5 Jun 00 08:51:50 CDT
From:      Vernon Buck Jr <vbuck@usa.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   FreeBSD Panic Before installation

I am trying to install FreeBSD 3.4 Stable that I recieved with "The Compl=
ete
FreeBSD book" on an older Pentium 166 Intel w/ 64 MB 72 Pin simms, 800MB
Maxtor Model#7850AV IDE HD, with a Toshiba CDROM IDE Model#XM5602B, with =
NE2000 Compatible Network card, and a Creative Labs 4MB PCI Graphic Blast=
er
Model# CT6500 Video card.  When the boot CD finishes booting and takes me=
the installation screen it immediately panics and reboots.  I have taken =
out
the network card and replaced the PCI video card with an older ISA video =
card,
and it still panics at the first installation screen where you choose eit=
her
novice or quick menu.  Any suggestions?  I chose FreeBSD so I could make =
use
of an older computer and learn more about this OS.  Any help would be
appreciated, thank you.