Date:      Thu, 11 Oct 2001 21:32:06 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cristjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Julian Morgan <jmorgan@mitchells.com.au>
Cc:        alexus <ml@db.nexgen.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VPN

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 12:34:31PM +1000, Julian Morgan wrote:

> I would leave the 'ip' statement out of that line

I believe he was indicating he had an IP address in that space.

>  make sure that you have the additional flags file stated in rc.conf
>      eg   natd_flags="-f /etc/natd.cf"
> and in my natd.cf I have
>      redirect_port tcp 192.168.120.30:443 443
>      redirect_port tcp 192.168.120.30:80 80
>      unregistered_only yes
>      same_ports yes
>
> NOTE THERE IS NO MENTION OF 'tcp'

You used it twice.

> BECAUSE THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING IF YOUR
> PROTOCOL IS UDP, eg udp being a subset of TCP

UDP and TCP are two completely separate transport layer protocols.

To the original poster, might you be blocking something in your
firewall rules? And you never said what kind of VPN protocol you are
trying to use. I assume PPTP.