Date:      07 May 2001 22:48:44 +0200
From:      Eric Jacoboni <jaco@teaser.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Lockups with -Stable on Athlon

>>>>> "Jonathan" == Jonathan Belson <jon@witchspace.com> writes:

Jonathan> Are you using 133MHz ram?

Yes, 133 SDRAM.

Jonathan> Yes, that's what seems strange.  My heatsink is quite large
Jonathan> and feels cool to touch.  I'm wondering if my PSU is being
Jonathan> overstretched since it's 250W

Mine is 300W. But i think the whole box will power out, not freeze, if
it was a power problem.

Jonathan> but I haven't really got a huge amount in the machine - but
Jonathan> again, why do the other OSes work fine?

Yep, seems curious, but Unix don't use hardware in the same
conditions as others OS. Try to change RAM to test... Quality of RAM
banks is often subject to caution.
--
Éric Jacoboni, né il y a 1292712209 secondes